Come and join this free eCourse
Arm Yourself with Knowledge
This course was created as a companion to my book Melissa vs Fibromyalgia: My Journey Fighting Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia.
Are you ready to learn more information about Fibromyalgia and how to fight it? Click here to sign up!
I’m Melissa, I’m a mama who has been writing about fighting Fibromyalgia for the past five years on my blog. I’m on a mission to share my hard earned knowledge, through research and personal trial and error, so that you don’t have to work as hard as I did.
Can this course help you? Here’s who will benefit:
- Those who are newly diagnosed.
- People who have been fighting for a while, but haven’t had the head space to figure out what to do.
- Those who want to kick your fight up a notch, but don’t know where to start.
- People who are supporting someone with chronic pain, chronic fatigue, insomnia and/or Fibromyalgia.
- Basically anyone with Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, chronic fatigue and insomnia.
In this course we discuss:
- What is it?
- My six tips for fighting Fibromyalgia
- Further reading
Quick and Dirty: What Works for Me
- The nine key things that work for me
- Further reading
Why Sleep is King and how to get Some
- Why sleep is important
- Sleep hygiene tips
- Further reading
Pregnancy and Parenting with Fibromyalgia
- My six tips for pregnancy with Fibromyalgia
- Further information Pregnancy
- Further information Nursing
- Further information Parenting
What do I do Next?
- Where is there more information?
Bonus Module: Introduction to Pain Management
- My six tips
- What I do
How is it Delivered?
This course is free, just sign up here and you will receive the link and password for the course. The only thing I request is that you share some feedback upon completion – I have spent a lot of time on this, so I really want to know that it’s what you needed.
You can purchase the workbook from my Etsy store here, it’s 36 pages of lesson notes with heaps of extra reading, a sleep diary template with space for notes and action plans.
Outcomes – you will:
- Learn my six tips for fighting Fibromyalgia
- Have knowledge about fighting Fibromyalgia and where to go for more information
- Learn the nine key things that work for me
- Find out why sleep is important
- Learn some sleep hygiene tips
- Find out where to go for more information about sleep
- Find out my six tips for pregnancy with Fibromyalgia
- Gain more information about pregnancy, nursing and parenting with Fibromyalgia
I am not a doctor or medical professional in any field. I am a person who has had to learn the hard way through nearly twenty years of fighting an illness that nobody believed existed. And I want to share what has helped me in case it helps you.
However, you should always check with your doctor before trying anything. I always check www.drugs.com for interactions when it comes to medicines and supplements before I bother taking the research to my doctor. Though most of the things I suggest are things you can implement yourself – because you have an incredible amount of power to effect your life with each choice you make every day.
Who am I?
I’m Melissa, mama of two, wife of a hunky hubby and human to Coop the dog. In addition to this I have fought chronic pain for nearly two decades, chronic fatigue for over ten years and insomnia for somewhere in between.
For most of my twenties I was struggling to live “normally” while fighting severe pain and fatigue. I didn’t have the brain space to research treatments to try. I didn’t know that approximately 3-6% of the world’s population were also fighting Fibromyalgia. No one around me understood. After being told at 17 years old by a specialist that they didn’t really believe my symptoms because they changed, I didn’t have the confidence to pursue help.
After daydreaming for a long time about this vague notion that slightly reduced work hours might give me the space to reduce the pain and fatigue, I moved to a warmer city with my parents, took on a job that was 27.5 hours and cut the two hour bus commute each day.
I was right. That was the beginning of my journey to a better story.
In seven years I went from miserable and barely coping with life to thriving – using a combination of research and personal trial and error, I have managed to bring my pain and fatigue levels down and minimise the effects of the debilitating brain fog by using everything I have written about on my blog.
I am the author of Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia and Melissa vs Fibromyalgia: My Journey Fighting Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia. I have run my blog MelissavsFibromyalgia.com for five years. Find out more about me here.